Data Deletion Instructions

Dave Keenan
Site Admin

Data Deletion Instructions

Post by Dave Keenan »

To be allowed to keep facebook logins for this forum, it is a requirement that we tell you how to delete your personal data. That's because, in some jurisdictions this is a legal requirement. This is sometimes described as: "The right to be forgotten".

We don't want you to delete your account. Maybe you only need to delete some information in particular fields of your profile. But if you must delete your account, we at least ask that you not delete your posts. Please just delete any individual posts that might be problematic.

This is completely irreversible. It makes my skin crawl that this "feature" even exists. I feel like I'm being asked to tell you how to commit suicide. :o

As shown in the above image, if you really must delete your account, you can go to your "User Control Panel" via the menu that is your user ID in the upper right of the window, click on the "Profile" tab, click on "Delete my registration", complete the form in your preferred manner, and click "Submit".

Now, please forget you ever read this. :(

Attachments
DeleteMyRegistration.png
(90.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
yahya.abdal-aziz

Re: Data Deletion Instructions

Post by yahya.abdal-aziz »

What was that? :roll:

Regards,
Yahya
Dave Keenan
Site Admin

Re: Data Deletion Instructions

Post by Dave Keenan »

Turns out this has to be linked from our Privacy Policy in order to meet the requirements for Facebook login. That's done now, but needs to be checked by admins after any forum-software upgrade.