Autosaving

cmloegcmluin
Site Admin

Autosaving

Post by cmloegcmluin »

How might we feel about looking into forum-native solutions for autosaving work while writing posts here?
I found a phpBB extension which autosaves: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... to_drafts/
It has only a handful of reviews, but they're generally positive.

In the meantime, I am experimenting with a Chrome extension for saving my work in form fields:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... edaa?hl=en

I bring this up after losing an hour's worth of work yesterday. I'd prefer if I didn't have to be so conscientious of saving my work manually while in the zone responding to stuff on the forum (which is often complex enough to do that I don't have much room in my head for anything else!).
Dave Keenan
Site Admin

Re: Autosaving

Post by Dave Keenan »

I'd prefer not to install another phpBB extension if you can do it with a Chrome extension, because every customisation I add to the forum makes upgrading the forum software more difficult. I also note that the style or skin we use is not one of those listed as being compatible with the extension.

But I don't want that to happen to you again, so let me know if the Chrome extension doesn't work for you and I'll investigate further.
cmloegcmluin
Site Admin

Post by cmloegcmluin »

Understood.

So far I haven't needed to use it but I'll post here if I ever have a positive or negative experience with it.
cmloegcmluin
Site Admin

Post by cmloegcmluin »

Just used Typio to recover what I lost after a reset mentioned here logged me out. It was my first time using it, but it worked great.